asked about Car Accident

about 3 years ago

Are you able to assist with a foreign vehicle accident claim

724 Views 1 Answer

How can we assist you?

1 Answer


Hi Raj, we're sorry to hear about this. We can't assist you in foreign vehicle accident claim but we can give you some advice.

You will require the aid of a lawyer, as legal suits against Malaysian insurers have to be filed in the Singapore High Court.

Your claim process may take some time, as the matter will involve identifying and locating a foreign party. However, once the other party has been located and the Malaysian insurers have been identified, the matter will proceed more smoothly.

If you wish to make a claim against the other party’s Malaysian insurers, prepare and submit the following documents to your lawyers:

Police report

A police sketch plan and key (if available)

Police investigation results (if available)

Vehicle registration card (photocopy)

Photocopy of Certificate of Insurance, policy schedule, or Cover Note

Photocopy of Identity card

Repair bill & proof of payment

Rental car bill (if the car was rented)

Proof of losses incurred

A vehicle surveyor report with original photographs

All other bills and receipts for expenses due to the accident

We wish you best of luck.


about 3 years ago