How can we assist you?

asked about Car Accident

almost 8 years ago

What to do during a car accident in Singapore?

8,661 Views 1 Answer

How can we assist you?

1 Answer

Xin Yi

1. Stop your vehicle immediately.

First of all, please on the hazard lights and stop your vehicle immediately. Come out of your vehicle and take pictures of the vehicles from all parties involved for evidence. Do this before the vehicles are moved.

2. Call for Medical Assistance

In the event if there are any injured parties, call for an ambulance and for the police. Assure the person and remind them not to move, and if there are any trained personnel, allow him space to provide him first aid.

3. Warn other motorists of road blockage

If accident involved death or injury, the vehicles must not be moved until further instructions from the police. Make use of items (eg. vehicle breakdown signs, red lights, reflectors) to warn other motorists of the accident scene.

4. Move your vehicles to a safe location

If the accident does not involve any deaths or injuries, please move your vehicles to the side of the road to prevent blocking the road or causing further accidents. Please do this after the photo taking as part of your evidence.

5. Exchanging of information

Now, you should collect all the information from the involved parties. Here is a list of information you should take down:

- Name


- Address

- Contact no.

- Carplate no.

- Name of Insurance Company

Also, do note down the name and contact number of any eyewitnesses around. Also, record down the exact date, time and location of the accident.

6. Make an official report

If your accident involves the following:

- injury

- death

- pedestrian

- cyclist

- government

- foreign vehicle

- government property

you are bound by law to lodge a report to the police within 24 hours of the accident. Also, make an official report to your Motor Insurance Company and they will advise you on what to do next.

If it is a minor accident, with no injuries, it is recommended to make an official report to your Motor Insurance Company irregardless if you intend to do a claim or not.


almost 8 years ago