asked about Scrap/Export Car

over 7 years ago

Why do i have to convert back to personal if my car is used for uber/grab?

4,927 Views 1 Answer

How can we assist you?

1 Answer


I would like to share with you that, if the registered owner no longer wants to drive a Private Hire (Chauffeur) vehicle (commonly known as Uber or GrabCar), he/she may choose to convert back the vehicle type from Private Hire (Chauffeur) to Passenger (Company) vehicle.

For such request, the registered owner may submit his/her written request on company’s letterhead or letter with stamp via [email protected] or facsimile to 6553 5329.

In the event that the registered owner wants to change the vehicle’s ownership from company to personal name, a transfer of vehicle ownership is required.

Do note on the following steps for transfer of vehicle ownership: -

Step 1: Clear Finance Obligation

A vehicle has to be cleared of all financial obligations before it is allowed to be transferred. Hence, please approach the Bank/Finance Company to settle the outstanding loan (if any) at least 3 working days before the de-registration process.

Step 2: Insurance Under New Owner’s Name

Insurance must be purchased under the individual’s name before applying for transfer of vehicle ownership.

Issues on the terms and conditions of motor insurance, such as transferability etc, is considered private agreement between the insurance companies and vehicle owners/new owners. Hence, you may wish to seek further advice from the insurance company.

Step 3: Application For Transfer Of Vehicle

Both the company registered owner and the new owner (individual) must complete the attached “M01 – Application Form For Transfer Of Vehicle” and proceed to the Land Transport Authority (LTA) at 10 Sin Ming Drive, Singapore 575701, during our operating hours (Mondays to Fridays: 8.00 am to 4.30 pm; Saturdays: 8.00 am to 12.00 pm. Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays).

A. Documents To Bring For Current Owner (Company)

Accounting & Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) printout (not more than 14 days from issued date);

Board Resolution (applicable to private limited companies with more than 1 director);

Authorised person’s original NRIC (for Singaporeans) or Employment/Immigration Pass Card (for foreigners) as per Board Resolution (if applicable);

Sole proprietor’s original NRIC (if company is under Sole Proprietor); and

Duly completed and signed M01 form of Section A.

B. Documents To Bring For New Owner (Individual)

Original NRIC (Singaporean) or Employment/Immigration Pass Card (Foreigners);

Original motor insurance certificate; and

Duly completed and signed “M01 – Application Form For Transfer Of Vehicle” of Section B.

If a submitter is appointed for this transaction, he/she is required to complete the "Section C – Particulars of Submitter" of the “M01 – Application Form For Transfer Of Vehicle”. His/her original identification document(s) is also required for our officer’s verification at the counter.

The transfer fee will be $11.00 for each transfer payable by cash, NETS, cheque or cashier’s order.


almost 7 years ago