asked about General

over 2 years ago

I currently have a plate number retained from my scrapped car. I want to register this retained plate number onto a new car I have purchased under my company name. The new car is not yet registered. How do I go about using the retained car plate at the point of registration for my new vehicle?

822 Views 1 Answer

How can we assist you?

1 Answer

Hi Bryan, You need to inform your motor dealer to use your retained VRN on your new vehicle, before it is registered and automatically assigned a number. Your motor dealer will then help you register your new vehicle with the retained VRN. Please note that once a vehicle is assigned a vehicle number, it will not be considered a new vehicle. You can find out more at

over 2 years ago