How do I know whether I need a Vehicle Parking Certificate (VPC) to renew my road tax?

General 17/11/2017 312 View

1 Answer


You must have a VPC if your vehicle falls under any of the following categories:
a) goods vehicle with maximum laden weight (MLW) exceeding 5,000kg;
b) bus with seating capacity exceeding 15 passengers;
c) trailer with MLW exceeding 5,000kg; or
d) mobile crane/ recovery vehicle with unladen weight (ULW) exceeding 2,500kg.

The VPC pre-requisite will be printed on the road tax renewal notice under "Messages for your attention". Please note that the VPC must cover the full road tax validity period.

0 Upvote Downvote Reply about 2 years ago