In most cases of 2nd hand vehicles being purchased from a used car dealership, the lemon law does apply. However, lemon law does not apply in the event of:
• When defects were caused by the buyer through misuse and unauthorized repair.
• The fault was caused by wear and tear, and not an inherent defect.
• Buyer knew about the fault before he or she bought the car.
• The car is not defective, but the buyer simply changed his or her mind.
• When the transaction is done between direct buyer and seller.
If you are consider to purchase a car from a used car dealer, be sure to know these 4 facts about lemon law: http://www.motorist.sg/article/4/4-facts-of-lemon-law-on-used-car-purchases