asked about On The Road

over 4 years ago

Can I terminate my car insurance and road tax early to get a refund?

14,277 Views 1 Answer

How can we assist you?

1 Answer

Chua Mei Lin

Hi Ismail, you can contact your insurance provider to see if they are able to refund you. Unfortunately, you won't be able to get your road tax back as it is tied to the vehicle.

According to LTA: "You have to renew your road tax if it expires before you sell or deregister your vehicle. When a vehicle is sold, any road tax that has been paid will follow the vehicle and be transferred to the new owner. You can consider factoring in the unused road tax into the selling price of your vehicle."

More details can be found here:


over 4 years ago