If you are an aspiring influencer, model, or up-and-coming automotive host, the mBassador Talent Search by Motorist might be just for you!
From 15 January 2022 to 28 February 2022, Motorist will be accepting participants for our first-ever Motorist mBassador Talent Search to be the new face of Motorist!
Not only will you become the host and face of our upcoming YouTube video series, but you will also walk away with a one-year talent contract with Motorist, $10,000 in cash and other attractive prizes (to be announced).
Here’s a breakdown of the prizes to be won:
mBassador 2022 Winner
$10,000 cash + 1-year Motorist Talent contract and other attractive prizes
mBassador 2022 1st runner-up
$5,000 cash + 6-months Motorist Talent contract and other attractive prizes
mBassador 2022 2nd runner-up
$2,000 cash + potential Motorist Talent contract and other attractive prizes.
Preliminary Round (15 January to 28 February 2022)
To participate, simply follow the steps below:
- Snap a full-body picture with a clear view of your face and a car (or any vehicle!) in the background.
- Post it onto Instagram
- Tag and follow @motoristsg & @mbassador2022, and use the hashtag #mbassador2022
- Invite your friends to like your submission as well as vote for you on the Motorist App
- 50% vote weightage will be taken from Instagram and the remaining 50% vote weightage will be taken from the Motorist App.
At the end of the Preliminary Round, the 50 participants who receive the most Likes on Instagram and the Motorist App will proceed to the Quarter-Final Round. In the event the 50th and 51st participants have the same points, both participants will proceed to Quarter-Final.
The Quarter-Finalists will be announced on Instagram on 15 March 2022.
Quarter-Final Round (31 March 2022)
In the Quarter-Final Round, participants will be required to attend an audition with the Motorist team at our office (12 Tai Seng Link, #06-02, Singapore 534233).
Let your personality shine as we will be asking you to tell us why you want to be the new face of Motorist. You will also be required to film a short Tik-Tok video for voting purposes!
Once the auditions are over, another round of voting will take place via Tik-Tok (15% vote weightage), Instagram (15% vote weightage), and the Motorist App (30% vote weightage). We will then add the scores from the audition (40% vote weightage), and announce our 21 Semi-Finalists on 16 May 2022.
Semi-Final Round (11 June 2022)
A mini-event will be held for the 21 Semi-Finalists to meet and mingle with our Car Group Kings and Admins. This is your opportunity to impress them, as they will have a say on who proceeds to the Grand Finals.
Besides the meet-and-greet session, a car photoshoot will also be organised, alongside some mini-games for you to win additional votes from our Car Group Kings and Admins.
The 10 Grand Finalists will be selected and announced on 29 July 2022 after a final round of voting from Instagram (20% vote weightage) and the Motorist App (30% vote weightage). The votes from the Car Group Kings and Admins (50% vote weightage) will also be taken into account.
Grand Final Round (12 November 2022)
To conclude our Talent Search, you will have the opportunity to impress our judges with your skills and charisma, which is followed by a final Q&A session.
After the 10 Grand Finalists have showcased their talent, we will tally the final scores from the Grand Finals (60% vote weightage), Motorist App (30% vote weightage), and Instagram (10% vote weightage) and conclude our Talent Search with the prize presentation for our winners!
So what are you waiting for? Submit your entry by 28 February 2022 to join our first-ever Motorist mBassador Talent Search! Who knows, this could be your chance to be the next YouTube or Tik-Tok star in Singapore!
Do remember to get your friends and family to vote for your submission on Instagram and the Motorist App!
Terms & Conditions
1. The Participant understands he/she shall be contracted to and represented by Motorist Pte Ltd (hereinafter referred to as 'Motorist') from the date upon being selected as a Participant of the 'Talent Search' (hereinafter referred to as the 'mBassador 2022') to the conclusion thereof marked by the election of 'Winner of Talent Search' (hereinafter referred to as the 'Titleholder').
2. The Talent Search is open to all participants who are 18 years old and above as of the date of participation.
3. The Participant shall make full and honest disclosure of particulars as requested by Motorist. Any misrepresentation of any fact or particulars (deemed material by Motorist) shall result in disqualification. The Participant irrevocably grants Motorist the right to use such particulars in any manner as Motorist may deem fit.
4. The Participant warrants he/she has not been charged or convicted in any court of law in any country and that he/she is not a fugitive nor is he/she wanted by any law enforcement agency. He/She also warrants that he/she is not under probation or is an ex-probationer.
5. The Participant shall not, without the prior written approval of Motorist, speak to the press or any other media nor give any interviews or comments relating to the Talent Search, the Participant himself /herself and/or the other Talent Search Participants.
6. If selected as one of the finalists, he/she must attend and compete in the Talent Search finals.
7. The Participant will be judged for camera presence, photogeneity, talent and personality. He/she will be required to appear in Athleisure and/or Track Suit or with any other sponsored products. The Participant will agree to parade in these items as and when required by the organizers.
8. The Participant is to be responsible for his/her own transportation to and from the competition venue throughout the duration of the competition.
9. He/She shall notify Motorist, in writing within three working days after the semi-finals of the Talent Search, should he/she decide not to participate in the finals. Failing which, Motorist may take such action as shall be deemed necessary for the recovery of all costs and monies extended to him/her, i.e., being ten per cent (10%) of the total cost of the complete competition event.
10. Motorist is at liberty to replace any successful finalist with any other semi-finalist of their choice for the Talent Search grand final in the event of disqualification or release from participation.
11. During the period of the competition, all successful participants must attend all rehearsals and all official functions as requested by Motorist and shall not be excused except with the prior written consent from Motorist.
12. Any misrepresentation or untrue statements declared by the Participant or any failure to comply with any of the terms, provisions or obligations would result in his/her disqualification and forfeiture of all rights to participate in the Talent Search.
13. Motorist reserve the rights to accept or reject all applications submitted. The judge's decisions in all matters are final. No correspondence will be entertained.
14. The Participant shall at all times comply strictly with Motorist's specifications and/or requirements (whether oral or written) as to his/her appearance, physical characteristics, skills, attire and/or accessories. A failure to meet such specifications and/or requirements shall result in disqualification from his/her participation in the Talent Search. For the avoidance of doubt, Motorist reserves the right to disqualify the Participant from the Talent Search on the grounds of undesirable conduct and/or appearance.
15. The Participant agrees to take part in any and all marketing, promotional, publicity exercise as may be conducted by Motorist arising or with respect to his/her participation in the Talent Search and the Participant irrevocably and unconditionally grants to Motorist all consents and waivers necessary for Motorist to record and use the Participant's performance, appearance, likeness and/or particulars as the case may be, in any manner whatsoever and in any part of the world as Motorist shall in its sole discretion deem fit. The Participant acknowledges that Motorist shall be at liberty to publish and otherwise use any recordings made by Motorist, including without limitation the information on the Talent Search, audio recordings, visual recordings and photographs (if any), for the promotion and publicity of the Participant and the Talent Search. The Participant warrants his/her performance shall not infringe the rights (including copyrights) or defame or embarrass Motorist and/or any person and/or company-related to Motorist and the Talent Search.
16. The Participant shall not, without the prior written consent of Motorist, join another talent search(es), artiste competition(s), and any other competition(s) of similar nature and/or join a company related in automotive, talent, acting and/or entertainment prior to the Talent Search unless specified by Motorist whether oral or written.
17. The Participant understands he/she is free to enter, participate and perform in the Talent Search and is under no restriction, limitation or disability (contractual or otherwise) to do so and he/she shall not at anytime during the Talent Search commercially exploit or aid in the commercial exploitation of his/her participation in the Talent Search in any way whatsoever.
18. The Participant understands there shall be no claims against Motorist and any of them, in the event that the Talent Search is annulled, cancelled and/or postponed by circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Motorist.
19. Motorist shall be under no liability whatsoever to the Talent Search, in respect of any loss, damage suffered by the Participant arising from or pursuant to his participation in the Talent Search or for any loss, damage or injury to life or property sustained by the Participant at any stage of the Talent Search, unless such loss, damage or injury is caused by Motorist's gross and willful negligence.
20. The Participant shall indemnify and keep Motorist and its related/affiliated companies, sponsors and employees ("the Indemnified Parties") fully indemnified against any and all loss, damage, claims and costs (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) suffered and/or incurred by any of the Indemnified Parties as a result of the Participant's breach of any of these Terms and Conditions.
21. For the avoidance of doubt, Motorist Singapore may in its sole and absolute discretion, decide on the rightful winner of the prizes.
22. Motorist reserves the right to change and vary the prize at any time and may substitute any prize for an alternative prize of similar value without prior notice. The value of the prize will be solely determined by Motorist.
23. Motorist reserves the right to change these terms and conditions, including the right to cancel the Talent Search in such manner as they deem fit, without prior notice or reason, and without liability to the Participants or Winners.
24. The Participants accepts to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
25. Apple is not a sponsor or involved in the Talent Search in any manner.
Download the Motorist App
The easiest and smartest way to manage your vehicle in Singapore.Download Now
Download the Motorist App now. Designed by drivers for drivers, this all-in-one app lets you receive the latest traffic updates, gives you access to live traffic cameras, and helps you manage LTA and vehicle matters.
Did you know we have a Motorist Telegram Channel? Created exclusively for drivers and car owners in Singapore, you can get instant info about our latest promotions, articles, tips & hacks, or simply chat with the Motorist Team and fellow drivers.