For vehicle breakdowns, follow these safety procedures:
- Stop your vehicle by the road shoulder if possible
- Switch on your hazard lights to warn other road users
- Use the nearest emergency SOS phone to call LTA Operations Control Centre.
- LTA will send a vehicle recovery team to tow your vehicle to the nearest designated car park.
- While waiting for your vehicle to be towed, you should find and stay on a raised platform on the road shoulder. You should also be waiting downstream of your vehicle
- Under no circumstances should you attempt to repair your vehicle in the tunnel
- For your own safety, you may be required to leave the tunnel via the nearest escape exit
- If you are unable to move your vehicle to the road shoulder, or if its unsafe to leave your car, stay in your vehicle and call for assistance
For more information, head over to https://www.motorist.sg/article/171/everything-you-need-to-know-about-tunnel-safety-in-singapore.