Hi Ajay, thank you for leaving a question. What to do when you hit a car in a parking lot?
1. First, stop your car, don’t flee after the damage has been done. Stay calm and breathe.
2. Don't hit and run. Start by tracking down the owner of the car you’ve damaged.
3. If you are unable to locate the damaged vehicle’s owner, leave a note, containing an apology, your name, your phone number, and an explanation of what happened.
4. Take pictures of both vehicles and note the damaged car’s information (license plate number, make/model, unique characteristics, etc).
5. If it’s more than a scratch, you should probably file a police report. While most law enforcement won’t actually come to the scene physically, they may still take your information for an accident report. You can also find a security guard that patrols the parking lot and have them write up an incident report.
6. Call your insurance provider as soon as you can, even if you’re not planning to make a claim. Give them the details, along with any photos, and the contact details of any witnesses.