Hi all, my car insurance and road tax expiring 20 Jan 2020. I want to change from normal to ROPC. What is the proper procedure? Apply for ROPC scheme first, then renew insurance and road tax? or renew first, then apply for the scheme?

General 09/12/2019 22 View

1 Answer

Hi Gary! Thanks for your question. You should apply for the ROPC scheme first, then renew your insurance and road tax. You can refer to the One Motoring website for more information: https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/home/owning/scheme-conversion.html#NORMAL

1 Upvote Downvote Reply about 1 month ago
Gary Wee

I went to "Enquire Conversion Fee" via One Motoring website. So the advice will be wait till the insurance and road tax to expire first, then apply for the scheme? Or there is actually no difference except that the new road tax will start-end on a different date?

Like about 1 month ago

When you convert to ROPC, you'll have to pay for road tax for the ROPC scheme, which takes effect once your conversion is successful. As for insurance, it has to cover the period of the road tax, so you will have to renew it in order to convert to ROPC.

Like about 1 month ago