Can i authorise a friend or family to sell my vehicle while i'm overseas?

Sell Car 10/12/2015 1443 View

1 Answer


Yes you can authorise a family member or a friend to sell your vehicle on behalf, however there is a few of things to take note of.

1. Ensure that you have obtained the Transaction-Pin from LTA before you leave the country and hand to the person authorised to assist in the sale. If not you can also request for the Transaction-Pin from and it will be delivered to your residential address.

2. Completed/Signed "Application Form For Transfer Of Vehicle (M01)". You can locate the form in the following link:

3. Lastly you are required to get a "Power of Attorney" Letter to authorise the person to act on your behalf. Sample letter can be found in the following link:

Do note that the above is not applicable to a Company's Car. Different documentations will be required.

0 Upvote Downvote Reply about 4 years ago