My vehicle has been stolen. Can I claim back the remaining balance of my road tax? What should I do when the vehicle is subsequently found?

General 17/11/2017 9 Views

1 Answer


If your vehicle has been stolen, please make a police report. Once the Police classify the vehicle as “stolen” and LTA duly notified, the unused road tax will be refund to the registered owner automatically
If the vehicle is recovered subsequently, please notify the Police of the recovery and renew the road tax of the vehicle at LTA accordingly. Pre-requisites for renewal of road tax such as having a valid motor insurance for the vehicle should be fulfilled.


0 Upvote Downvote Reply 11 months ago

How can we assist you today?